Each year, CYPT takes on a few Assistant Directors and Assistant Stage Managers. This year, we’re pleased to offer the opportunity to assist our designers or technicians as well!
Am I eligible?
- All assistants must be in Grade 8 or above.
- All Assistant Directors must be in Grade 12 or above.
- All assistants must have permission from parents/guardians to take part.
- All assistants must find their own transportation to and from rehearsals.
- Assistant Stage Managers and Assistant Directors must be available for all rehearsals for the show in question (please see our rehearsal schedules on the audition page).
- Assistant Designers and Assistant Technicians must be available for production meetings, to be scheduled on a monthly basis, and for the entire tech period.
High School Students in the Calgary Board of Education system may be eligible to receive credit. University students may be eligible for paid internships, but all applicants should assume that all assisting opportunities are unpaid volunteer positions*.
NOTE: the Library Tour production – this year called The Probably True (but also not) Adventures of the Imaginary Book Club – is seeking an individual to act as a tour manager. This IS a paid position. Applicants must have a valid drivers license and vehicle to help tour the show across Calgary for 14 days.
To declare your interest, please fill out the form below. If you have questions or additional comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org