CYPT is once again holding auditions for our season of shows! There will be three rounds of auditions this season. To learn more about rounds two and three, scroll to the bottom.
Round One of Auditions
- For The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde (for youth ages 13-18)
- For The Wolves by Sarah DeLappe, co-produced with Verb Theatre (girls and female-identifying youth, ages 14-18). This play contains mature subject matter and themes.
- Auditions on May 26 and May 29, 2018
Step 1: Check the show rehearsal schedules to confirm your availability.
Actors are required to be available for ALL rehearsals and performances, although if you let us know about a single conflict in advance, we might be able to schedule around you. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about a particular show’s schedule.
Step 2: Sign-up for a time-slot here.
Step 3: Fill out the following audition form. Please include a headshot or current photo and a performance resume if you have one. If you don’t have one, click here to learn more.
- The Importance of Being Earnest – actors will be asked to read sides (scenes from the play) in the audition, which are available here: Earnest Sides Please read them in advance and get familiar with the dialogue. Actors will be asked to read with British dialects, if able. Memorization not necessary, but the more familiar you are with the pages, the better you’ll do! Consider reading the full play or a synopsis online to better understand the context of the scenes.
- The Wolves – please prepare a contemporary monologue, one-minute in length. You may also be asked to read a scene from the play, available here: The Wolves Sides
Nervous about auditioning? Have no fear, we’ve put together some handy tips to help you.
Audition location: The basement of the Unitarian Church at 1703 1st Street NW, Calgary.
Coming later this year…
Round Two of Auditions
- For Wayward by The Outpatient Collective (for youth ages 13-18)
- For Snow White by Kristin Eveleigh and Jamie Dunsdon, (for youth ages 8-18).
- Auditions in early September, 2018. Stay tuned to this page to sign up.
Round Three of Auditions
- For Cannonball Festival! (ages 10+)
- For Story Theatre Tour (ages 8+)
- Auditions in early February, 2019. Stay tuned to this page to sign up.