This year at CYPT, we will have 3 rounds of auditions!
Round One of Auditions: COMPLETE!
Round Two of Auditions
- For ages 8+
- For shows: Grounded*, Peter Pan, The Probably True (but also not) Adventures of the Imaginary Book Club
- Auditions in September 2017, to be released for sign-up in August
- *Note: Grounded contains some mature language and themes.
Round Three of Auditions
- For ages 10+
- For shows in the Cannonball Festival!
- Auditions in January 2018, to be released for sign-up in December
Step 1: Sign-up for a time-slot in Round Two here in August.
Step 2: Fill out your online audition form HERE in August. Make sure you’ve checked the show rehearsal schedules below to confirm your availability. Actors are required to be available for ALL rehearsals and performances, although if you let us know about a single conflict in advance, we might be able to schedule around you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about a particular show’s schedule.
Please note: Our mainstage and library tour programs are fee-based. Fees for mainstage shows are $500/performer and fees for library tour are $400/performer. Payment required upon casting. Bursaries available upon application for low-income families or special situations.
Rehearsal Schedules (click to download):
- The Fan Rehearsal and Performance Schedule
- Unity 1918 Rehearsal and Performance Schedule
- Grounded Rehearsal and Performance Schedule
- Peter Pan Rehearsal and Performance Schedule
- Adventures of the Imaginary Book Club Rehearsal and Performance Schedule note: exact tour times TBD
- Cannonball Rehearsal and Performance and Rehearsal Schedule TBD
Audition requirements for Round One: Please memorize and perform a 2 minute monologue from a contemporary play of your choice. We may also ask you to read a scene from the plays in the season. Never been to an audition before? No problem! Read some helpful hints here.
Audition location: The basement of the Unitarian Church at 1703 1st Street NW, Calgary.
and then, fill out this form: